Wednesday, November 28, 2012

5 Easy Steps to Creating Your First Information Product


The idea of creating your own information products scares many who want to start their own online businesses. Why? Because they've never done it before. That don't know where to start. In this article I want to share with you five easy steps to creating your first information product. It's a method that I used to write a 99,000 word hardback book, and the same one I use now to create products for my online business.

If you experience any anxiety at all at the thought of creating your first information product, then you can imagine how I felt when I was given a contract to write a hardback book for publication. I had made some presentations about a tiny bit of the material that was eventually included, but at the beginning I had very little to start with.

If that's your situation, then I have some encouraging news for you: Creating your first information product is not as hard as it sounds. Here are the five easy steps that I follow.

1. Identify the purpose.

Before you write your first word, you need to have a clear idea why you're creating this particular product. It's not enough to say that you're doing it so that you'll have something to sell.

You need to think about who will use the information that you're going to share, and then write for them.

2. Jot down your thoughts.

I find this step especially to be rather a lot of fun. There's no structure. You just write down anything and everything that you think might be relevant to it.

I usually keep a folder for future products, and every time I think of something that I think would be appropriate for it, I write a little note and put it in that folder. Then when it's time to work on that product, all the information that I've gathered in the previous days and weeks is already there, waiting for me.

3. Identify the themes.

Remember that there's no structure yet. In this step, all you have to do is look at each sentence or section in your notes and then write in the margin one or two words that describe the subject. Do this for all of the information that you have collected.

4. Organize the themes into a loose outline.

This is your first attempt to make an sort of structure out of your notes. There are no rules, so arrange and rearrange the subjects how ever you want.

5. Connect the dots.

Move your text under the respective themes, and then connect your ideas together.

Creating Info Products in Competitive Niches - The Myth Exposed   Tips for Editing Your Audio Products   How to Create a Three-Dimensional Product   How to Make an eBook Into an AudioBook   Working With Top iPhone Developers for Best Solutions   



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。